Monday, July 13, 2015

chair pocket success!

It took me two days but my chair pockets are finished! I am so pleased with how they turned out! I like the hodge podge-ness of them :) What took the longest was cutting the fabric. I was a little concerned with the length - I didn't think to measure how long the backs of the chairs are but all I had to do was fold up those pockets that I felt were a little too long. I ended up buying four different curtains at a local thrift store to make these. I had enough material to make nineteen chair pockets - I wanted a few extra. The total cost was about $30 - which is cheaper than the pillowcase route I was originally going to go. I really think these are going to be a big time saver. No more having to go through table buckets to find your journal (and sometimes knocking the table bucket over) or me having to make sure I move journals to the correct bucket should I switch one kiddo with another :) This is a definite summer project and I'm glad I'm done! One more thing I can check off my list! 

If you didn't see my other post, click here to grab the chair pocket tutorial for yourself. 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment